Saturday was a pretty eventful day in our household. I had a party to go to for one of my best friends, C for her little girl. L is turning 3 and she was having an Ariel birthday party. I packed up littler sister (M) and my niece, the Princess and off we went to the party. It was a great time, Princess could run around while M and myself all sat and talked with my other friend J. J, C and I have all been friends since kindergarden and while we never had the best of friendships, we were always inseperatable. Since I'm the oldest of four, C has a younger brother and J is an only child, we had a whole range in our friendship. It would usually end up with two of the three of us teamed up on the other. But times have changed and people have grown and gotten older. We have lived life, traveled the bumpy road that is being an adult. These two girls have been with me during the best and the worst of times. C was there while my dad was sick with lung cancer and we were actually lucky enough to have her mom as my dad's hospice nurse. That made the whole thing a bit more comforting. Even though I don't talk to these girls on a daily basis and life sometimes gets too busy for us to all get together, we are still the best of friends. I can pick up the phone and call either one of these girls and complain, bitch, whine and we can pick up just where we left off the last time we talked. Friends like these come around once in a lifetime, and I was lucky enough to get two of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment